Monday, September 10, 2007

Perfect Judgement

SCRIPTURE: Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before You, For Your judgments have been manifested."

OBSERVATION: The judgements of God coming to pass results in worship of all nations. We normally don't think of judgement in this way -- as cause for worship. Judgement normally has negative connotations. If someone is judgemental it is not considered a good thing.
If you picture a courtroom after a long trial and everyone is waiting with eager anticipation. All the evidence is in and the case has been made. everyone waits for the judgement. When the judge read the judgement a cry goes out from everyone there. When the judgement is right, the innocent or the victims cry out in relief and vindication, and the guilty cry out in final desperation. When the verdict is wrong, the cry is a cry of injustice.
God's judgement is always right. His final judgement will result in glory and praise.

APPLICATION: Only God's judgement is perfect. If 'judgemental' means an unfair bias or judging unfairly without having all the information, then God could never be judgemental. But I can.
I can be judgemental. I am not God. I don't have all the information. I don't have judgement authority. I am not judge. God's judgement will be perfect and result in praise. Mine will not. The smartest thing for me to do is to leave the judging up to God.
  • Release any judgemental attitude I have against anyone else.
  • Remember: I don't have all the information and I can be biased.
  • Praise God for His perfect judgements!
"Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

PRAYER: God, Your judgements are perfect. Free me from being judgemental towards others. I cannot trust my judgements, but I can trust Yours. Amen.

1 comment:

Augustinas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.