Thursday, September 6, 2007

Let Me Finish

SCRIPTURE: Revelation 11:7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them.

OBSERVATION: Timing is everything! Notice that the beast is only able to defeat them "when they finish their testimony." When their purpose is done, that's when they are overcome -- not before. It reminds me of the unstoppable destiny of God's people and also the importance of testimony.
What seems more important than anything in this passage is the testimony of those two witnesses. No one could stop it, not even the beast. Once it was accomplished they were taken to heaven.
This life is all about testimony. I have a friend who has said about someone who wasn't exactly following the Lord, "They're working on their testimony." Life before knowing Jesus is building a testimony for His grace to work through. Life after Jesus is sharing that testimony of His grace (while, of course, we continue to build more testimony).
No one can stop my testimony. They can try to explain away creation, try to discredit the Bible and debate points of doctrine, but they can't eliminate my testimony. "I once was blind but now I see. My life has been radically altered, and yours can too" is the message of my testimony and many others just like me. I will continue on this earth until God decides I have finished my testimony. Then I will go to be with Him. You just can't beat that.

APPLICATION: Testify! Every chance I get, share from my life about Jesus and what He has done for me. Testimony is not just with words. Unselfish actions testify of Jesus' change in my life.

PRAYER: Lord, be honored through my life. Be seen through my life. May my life be a living gospel, the story of Jesus' life in me. Amen.

No comments: