Monday, September 3, 2007

Judgments for Life

SCRIPTURE: Ezekiel 20:13 They did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’...

OBSERVATION: It seems to me that we have to keep learning this lesson over and over-- that God's commands and judgements are for life. Those who do them will really live and find freedom. They are for our own good.
We keep thinking we need to crawl out from under God's oppressive rules and His heavy thumb. The opposite is true. His hand is protection and life. Outside of His care is oppression and death.

APPLICATION: Do I see God's laws as regulations imposed on me, or as revealed gems fro greater blessing. I am fortunate to have such knowledge!

PRAYER: Father, thank You for Your truth. Sometimes they may be difficult to follow but Your laws are always for my good.

No comments: