Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Much More To See

SCRIPTURE: Ezekiel 1:5-6 Also from within it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had the likeness of a man. Each one had four faces, and each one had four wings.

OBSERVATION: In this vision Ezekiel sees creatures that he is at a total loss to describe. I would certainly do no better. "...the likeness of a man... four faces... four wings..." No man I ever knew had four faces and four wings.
He was trying to describe something that is foreign to our earthly experience. We have words and descriptions significant for our experience, but not for those things that we've never had to describe before. The descriptions that we have available are insufficient for those things.

APPLICATION: I am reminded from Ezekiel's experience that "the half has never yet been told." There are unexplored places on this planet and in this solar system that house things we have never encountered. I have seen footage of deep sea diving explorations that film strange looking creatures.
How much more does the spiritual realm contain wonders beyond my imagination and description. There is plenty about eternity that I don't understand and can't describe:
  • "Eye has not seen, ear has not heard nor has entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those that love Him."
In fact, there are a lot of things that I can't understand or phantom:
  • "...the love of God that surpasses knowledge."
It would be pretty arrogant of me to think that I've seen it all and can understand it all. What incredible things are there in the spiritual realm that I have yet to see?

PRAYER: Father, continue to show me more and more of Your spiritual wonders. Amen.

2 comments:

Drummer Chris said...

Are these Life Journals awesome or what? They're really making me dig in to the verses instead of reading through like a story. I recognized the SOAP on your blogs.

Pastor Jim Holm said...

Yeah, I've been using them for years. I think their great. I am encouraging everyone in our church to be involved in a Life Journal. That's why I started posting mine on-line.
Thanks for the comment.