Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Few Who Remember

SCRIPTURE: Ezekiel 6:9 Then those of you who escape will remember Me among the nations where they are carried captive, because I was crushed by their adulterous heart which has departed from Me, and by their eyes which play the harlot after their idols; they will loathe themselves for the evils which they committed in all their abominations.

OBSERVATION: Through the prophet Ezekiel, God said some pretty tough stuff to the nation of Israel. It was all deserved, of course. They had forgotten Him, left Him, broken their covenant and stepped out of His blessing and protection. Before the consequences came that they had brought on themselves, God was good to warn them and instruct them.He said a third would die in Jerusalem from pestilence and famine during the siege. A third would die from the sword in and around Jerusalem. And a third would flee, but the sword would catch up with them, too. Only a few in number, a remnant, would escape. Those who escaped will remember God.It is better to be among the few that remember than to be among the many who die from forgetfulness -- forgetting about God, His promises and His sovereignty.

APPLICATION: Forgetfulness can be fatal. Don't make the fatal mistake of forgetting about God. Remember!
  • Remember that I am not my own but I am bought with a price -- the precious blood of Jesus.
  • Remember that God's ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts. His ways are best.
  • Remember that it is not about me. I am part of something much bigger.
  • Remember that God rewards those who diligently seek Him.
  • Remember that today is a day that God has made and He is always with me.
PRAYER: Jesus, It is a joy to remember You. Your promises are wonderful and your presence is satisfying. I want to be among the few who remember You. Amen.

No comments: