Monday, July 30, 2007

Sought Out

SCRIPTURE - Isaiah 62:12 And they shall call them The Holy People, The Redeemed of the Lord; And you shall be called Sought Out, A City Not Forsaken.
OBSERVATION - It is not I who sought God out, but God who sought me out. I can and should seek Him (Hebrews 11:6), but it is He who does the original seeking.
APPLICATION - What a wonderful thing to be sought out by God! God gives people a need to be picked out and chosen. My need is met already in Christ. Can I then, having been satisfied, seek God instead of self-seeking? Seek others best over my own? I think we -- The Holy People, the Redeemed, the Sought Out, the City Not Forsaken -- have a unique opportunity to do just that.
"He satisfies my soul." What is the hunger and thirst of the soul if not to be sought after? God satisfies that hunger of my soul. How can I be used to satisfy others?
PRAYER - Lord, You satisfy the hunger and need of my soul.

No comments: